- go to the kids section and explore – mini fridge
magnets. I was told you can also make your own words at this site, we will need
to explore that further.
– This is an amazing site full of songs etc for the early grades. Real good
stuff for the smart board, as well.
– This again is a website worth exploring, there are some great lessons in the
lessons section. There is material for all grade levels. In the Student
materials section try "character trading cards" for character
sketches, and essay map for essays. These are the only two I have explored and
they are great.
– This site has a lot of good material. Younger grades try PBSKIDS
"Between the Lions". PBSKIDS for older grades, and to explore try
clicking PBS Teachers.
- This is an amazing Clifford site for younger grades
http://www.k111.k12.il.us/King/math.htm - An organized math site on the web for teachers
- This is a cool math site for manipulatives. You have to see it to believe it.
- A site for creating different types of graphs
- Mostly Interactive sites for Math. Another amazing site. Click on activities,
and choose grade levels and go.
- More interactive math ideas
- The name says it all, and the web page states, "Fractions
are better understood when seen."
- Have not played with this site much, but heard it was good
- Another great site try the games section. We will try "The Happy
- I Tried Martian Math to do square roots
- Another math Site that covers all grades at least at the Elem level.
- Just like it says, it is good thing for students to be aware of for when
working at home, and having trouble
http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/15.cfm?s=15&p=250,index – Whiteboard resources are lessons that are great for the Smart Board.
Websites you may find useful that were advertised or mentioned at ISTE
by: Kent Butler
- The non-profit empowering educators to deliver and share curricula
http://betterlesson.org – Lessons Galore
http://www.oercommons.org/ - units, lessons etc. Takes a little to get used to but has everything including e-texts etc. Great materials for enrichment especially in the higher grades.
http://www.teachersdomain.org/ - you have a few free views to browse than you need to sign up, but it is a good site.
Hippocampus.org - This site has ready made courses, great for DI, high school etc
Ck12.org – This site allows you to create an account and create e-books from ready made resources – amazing for DI.
http://www.ck12.org/about/vid-quickstart/ - this video explains how to create a book
http://www.fhsst.org/ - free math and science text books
http://flexmath.com/ - Amazing math site for drill and practice games on the web
http://www.khanacademy.org/ - most are probably aware of this amazing site
http://www.youtube.com/user/karlfisch#p/p - Karl Fisch has a youtube channel similar to Khan Academy
http://www.saddleback.edu/faculty/lperez/algebra2go/ - algebra2go – Absolutely amazing site – this is great for setting up modules and having students self pace – thinking modified math in JR high
http://mathispower4u.yolasite.com/arithmetic.php - amazing organized site for math videos
http://phet.colorado.edu/ - Interactive simulations for science topics
http://blossoms.mit.edu/resources.html - An extensive list of websites to search for resources
http://www.slideshare.net/kwarne - High school science teacher has over 200 slide shows
Sites from a session on sharing – www.k12opened.com/iste (Great information
– there are many difference options available.
· DYMO/ Mimio technologies - http://www.mimio.dymo.com/en-US.aspx
· Smart - http://smarttech.com/ca
· Promethean - http://www.iclasscanada.com/
· Copernicus - http://www.copernicused.com/
· Splasptop whiteboard - http://www.splashtop.com/
· Mobi - http://www.einstruction.com/
Math & Science
Nasa Exploration Systems 2 CD - http://www.nasa.gov/
· Clearboards Communicator – http://www.llteach.com/index.php
· Aleks - http://www.aleks.com/
· Dan Myer - http://blog.mrmeyer.com/
· SMI - Scholastic Math Inventory - http://teacher.scholastic.com/math-assessment/scholastic-math-inventory/index.asp
· Stock Market Game - http://www.smgww.org/
· www.Mymathlab.com - for algebra1 and algebra 2
Variety of other
interesting Sites made available to us.
· Moodle – open source learning management software - http://moodle.org/
· Qwizdom - http://www.qwizdom.com/
· google apps - http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/edu/
· slide share - http://blog.slideshare.net/
· PBS for Kids - http://pbskids.org/
· Sound systems - http://www.califone.com/
· clip art for schools - http://schools.iclipart.com/
· Phonics and Spelling program - http://www.clicknkids.com/
· Reading Software - http://www.logicalchoice.com/
· online painting and drawing - http://mugtug.com/sketchpad/
· create and share interactive stories - http://scratch.mit.edu/
source sites – Pertaining to or denoting software whose source code is
available free of charge to the public to use, copy, modify, sublicense or
Clipart, Photos, Music and Sounds effects