Colonel Gray High School
Presentation Design Resources
Everyone should read this resource before beginning any work.
Resources for Effective Designs - This is a great site to learn advice on effective presentations. See below for your assigned reading for your group. You will meet with other people next week to discuss your article and share the information with others.
Group 2 - Are You a Copyright Criminal?
Group 3 - Digital Video: Lights, Camera, Action!
Group 4 - Five Tips for Better Visuals
Group 5 - Polishing Your Presentation
Group 7 - The Power of Color in Presentations
Group 8 - Ten Tips for Using Type
Begin working through the manual on presentations. Create a new folder called presentations using the Manage Your Files program. You can find this program under the STUDENT group in UserNet. Place all your answers to the questions in the same document and place it in your presentations folder. Call the file answers.wpd. You can cut and paste the questions below into your document. Answer the questions in the order that they are presented in the manual.
Corel Presentations 9 - Student Lab Manual Questions
Lab 1 Questions
1. List steps necessary to plan and organize a presentation.
2. How many Master Gallery categories are available to you?
3. Explain what the term default means.
4. What are three purposes of giving a presentation?
5. True or False
a. The Master Gallery allows you to choose different backgrounds.
b. If a slide has an empty Text box, you must fill it with text.
c. When you save a file, you must key the extension with it.
Lab 2 Questions
1. Give a reason why you might want to insert a Text Box on a slide.
2. List four ways that you can print slides.
3. When you play a slide show, how can you advance to the next screen
4. How do you delete a slide?
Lab 3 Questions
1. In order to Spell Check, you must be in what view?
2. List 5 ways that you can change the appearance of text.
3. Why would you want to use the Automatic update feature when inserting the date on your slide.
Lab 4 Questions
1. When is it best to use a Bullet Slide?
2. How many levels of bullets can you have on a slide?
Lab 5 Questions
1. How many numeric format types are there and list them?
2. The intersection of rows and columns in a data sheet are called what?
3. Name 4 types of XY charts.
4. Is it possible to change the data in a chart without creating a new chart?
Lab 6 Questions
1. ______________ means distorting a graphic so it appears stretched.
2. ______________ means reverting a graphic from left to right or bottom to top.
3. ______________ means creating mixed images between two objects.
4. Describe how to group object together.
5. Explain why you do not want to see a second object when you copy and paste a graphic.
Lab 7 Questions
1. The visual effect that changes from one slide to the next slide is called a ______________ .
2. You can add three types of sound to your slide show: ______________ , ______________ , and ______________ .
3. You can use the ______________ Feature to make bullet lists, charts and clip art "fly" across the screen.
4. Name the three additional effects you can add to a bullet animation.
Lab 8 Questions
1. Why do you need speaker notes for a slide, when the slide already contains text?
2. What should you consider when choosing a highlighter color?
Once you have completed the manual, send a message email@example.com with the subject Presentation Manual Exercises Complete
No need to print anything at this time.
Presentations Module Complete