Colonel Gray High School
Ergonomics: Click for a meaning of the word.
1. Eye to screen distance 40-60cm.
2. Line of sight to screen 10-20 degrees below the horizontal.
3. The keyboard should be tilted towards the user 0 to 25 degrees.
4. Adjust keyboard height and distance from user so that the upper arms hang straight down
5. The chair must provide firm lumbar (lower spine) support.
6. Adjust keyboard height and distance from the user so that forearms and wrists are horizontal (parallel to the floor).
7. Adjust the seat height so that thighs are horizontal (try using a pillow or book to raise the level of your seat), calves are positioned vertically, and feet rest firmly on the floor or on a slanted foot rest. (Try using your binder)
8. Floor to keyboard height should be between 58 and 71cm.
9. Floor to seat height should be between 40 and 48cm.
Take a periodic stretch or work on tasks not involving a monitor. Avoid glaring lights and avoid
eye strain. The surrounding light and the light output of the screen should be approximately
equal. If eyes feel strained take a break and see a physician.
Adapted from ITC401A Curriculum Guide
Some Links for Computer Health