- Are you familiar with your schools' Internet Acceptable Use Guidelines and policies? List 3 items referred to in this document. Briefly discuss the guideline points in small groups or as a class.
- From a technical point of view, why might organizations discourage the use of public online communication services?
- Why might parents and school officials object to the use of public online communication services within the school setting?
- What login and password do students use to access their Netmail account from outside school?
- You want to give a friend in British Columbia your Netmail e-mail address. What is this address?
- Why should the user always use the "exit button" from within
Netmail rather than directly shutting down Internet Explorer or web surfing to a new location?
- Name five communication item types that may be produced from within
Netmail. (You may access Help - Compose Items - About Item Types
to find this information)
- Why should you be careful about the content of what you write in e-mail
and other electronic media?
- Would you enable features found within "Send Options" when e-mailing
to a home account where "Outlook Express" is the e-mail client?
- What happens if your Netmail mailbox storage space becomes completely
- What is the size of the largest attachment that can be sent from a student to a teacher using
- Can a video file with an .avi extension be sent from one student to another without being filtered in
- How might you determine that an e-mail contains an attachment before opening it?
- Explain the difference between "View" and "Open" when examining an attachment?
- Provide 3 examples or instances where a student might use "Rules" or "E-mail
- Describe how a users' name gets changed (added or deleted) in the main
Netmail address book?
- Explain why a user would want to create his/her own address book?
- Explain the purpose for creating "groups" or "distribution lists" when
- What items appear in the calendar?
- Explain where a "delegated task" might be used?
- May "notes" be sent to other users?