A Code of Ethics
Morell Regional High
School requires the athletes to:
- Conduct themselves at all times
with honor and dignity.
- Treat visiting teams, spectators, and officials as honored guests.
- Faithfully complete school work as practical evidence of their loyalty
to school and team.
- Show that it is a privilege to represent their schools.
- Remember that there is no place in school athletics before, during or
after competition for the use of drugs or alcohol of any kind.
The game requires the athlete to:
Be fair at all times no matter what the cost.
Believe in the honesty and integrity of opponents and officials.
Play the game for the game's sake.
Accept gracefully and without question the decision of the official.
- Maintain a high degree of physical fitness.
Sportsmanship demands that athletes:
- Recognize and applaud honestly and
whole-heartedly the efforts of their teams or opponents regardless of
color, creed or race.
- Give opponents full credit when
they win and learn to correct their own faults through failures.
- Play hard and to the limit of
their abilities regardless of discouragement. True athletes do not give
up, nor do they quarrel, cheat, bet, or show off.
- Accept both victory and defect
with pride and compassion, being never boastful nor bitter.