The south side of Queen Square, later known as Victoria Row, was one of Charlottetown's main commercial streets in the 1870s. Businesses lining the street from that decade dealt in a wide variety of goods and services including tailoring, the selling of dry goods and the manufacture and sale of rubber boots and furniture. Unfortunately a fire in February of 1884 swept through the section destroying all but the building located on the corner of Richmond and Queen. This image is from the Central Charlottetown photograph fonds ca. 1870 - 1876. The photographer is unknown.