Original Prince of Wales College Building, Charlottetown, ca. 1900
The Central Academy school, which was established in 1836, was renamed Prince of Wales College in 1860 to commemorate the visit of the Prince of Wales to Prince Edward Island. This photograph features the original Central Academy building and the Prince of Wales faculty of 1900. The building of the new Prince of Wales structure can be seen in the background. The new building was completed in 1900.