Government InfoPEI Business Employment Visiting the Island

Community, Cultural Affairs and Labour

On-Line Exhibits

Return to exhibit list

Charlottetown's Victoria Park

PARO Acc. 2602/21

Fort Edward, circa 1900

The most photographed feature of Victoria Park, the cannons at Fort Edward continue to attract young and old alike. The wooden planks under the cannons were replaced by cement in the 1930s. In 1915, the City of Charlottetown purchased a "one horse grass cutter" for keeping the grass in Victoria Park and the Squares and streets in Charlottetown neatly trimmed.

Photo number 1 of 10

Next photo >     

To see more of the images from this and other collections visit the Public Archives and Records Office, 4th Floor, Hon. George Coles Building, Richmond Street in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.

The Official Website of the Government of Prince Edward Island, Canada.
Please read our Copyright and Privacy Policies.