1 1/2 pounds ground pork
1 large baking potato
1 large onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 dash ground allspice
1/2 cup water
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust deep dish pie
1/4 teaspoon paprika
This recipe was found at:
- Bake the potato until done, 30 - 45
minutes in a preheated 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) oven. Peel and
mash the potato.
- Place the potato, ground pork, onion,
spices and water in a large frying pan and simmer until very thick,
for about one hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare your pastry.
- Line a deep-dish pie plate with pastry.
Spoon in filling, spreading evenly. Cover with top crust.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with
paprika, if desired. Cut steam vent. Bake for 50 minutes at 350
degrees F (175 degrees C). If edges brown too fast, cover with a strip
of foil. Serve warm.