What is a sentence? A sentence is a clause expresssing a complete thought. Remember the
- Inside a sentence there is always a SUBJECT and a PREDICATE.
- The subject is the person or thing doing the action or being in the sentence
while the predicate is the actual action or statement word.
- A PHRASE (a group of words either senseless or meaningful)
can be added to a sentence without altering the pattern of SUBJECT and PREDICATE.
- Likewise, a CLAUSE (a unit that contains a subject and predicate itself) can be added to a sentence.
- Both a clause and a phrase are MODIFIERS in a basic sentences.
Grammar Powerade |
Learn and Discover |
Interact and Express
"Are You Famous?" Team |